Friday, November 23, 2012

Hawky?

I know this is really random but I have to ask....

       I think since I moved into my room  (as a baby) I have had a hawk every morning land on my balcony and give me a good morning call. I think (along with some nightmare issues) he is the reason why I like waking up oh so early. He comes by around 6:00 to 6:15ish in the morning and says his hello. Sometimes I get up and say hi back and then he runs off. This has been going on for years. Recently I have seen him flying around more often and a little while ago saw him with either another larger hawk or some sort of crazy looking eagle.  It was such an epic show to watch. The reason why I tell you this because after telling a few people this story of mine it has come to my attention that I don't have a name for the Hawk that wakes me up every morning. A friend of mine had the idea of Hawky so right now that is just a nickname because lets be honest, how lame is it to have the name Hawky?  So....... I ask you do you all have any ideas of names for a medium sized hawk who I have grown fawned of? He is your average looking hawk with a white belly brown feathers up top and a mix of white and brown coloring on the inside of the wings and dark eyes. He loves playing around with the more little birds considering he chases that one that sings every morning and then goes of to the church across the mini canyon which I am assuming is where he has a nest or something. If you care about the type of hawk I think he is a Ferruginous Hawk.
not Hawky but this is what he kinda looks like.
I can never get a good picture

I know this is ridiculous but as I mentioned, I have grown very fawned of this hawk. He has become like my pet. I am not saying I feed him or really go near him all to often but he is my morning hawk who I look forward to hearing in the morning.

Till Next Time!
Nicoly

No comments:

Post a Comment