Tuesday, July 19, 2011

25 years and being back home!

I will start with being back home. I am back in SLC after a fabulous breakfast with Bekka who I already miss. I mean seriously we barely got to hang out to begin with it's just messed up, I also had to say goodbye to Dorite and Ohad who are going back to Israel thursday. I miss Israel not gonna lie it has been way to long since I have been and believe it or not I think I am totally ready to go back. This morning was bitter sweet. I really did want to come back it was time cause I was missing Utah oh so much and after one odd fun break from Utah I have come to the conclusion that it just feels right to be here. There was just a couple issues with leaving. first off I don't think I got to do enough of what I wanted to do. I wanted to really enjoy a full day with Bekka, I wanted to go to the beach, and I kinda wanted a real life reunion with some people in cali. the second issue was that I left on a very special day for my parents. Today is their 25th anniversary. That's right a quarter of a millennium later and they still love each other oh so very much. To be honest with you they don't spend many anniversaries together so the fact that they get to this year is amazing. You are probably asking why and that is because my parents love each other oh so much that this day as special as it is doesn't make them love each other anymore than they do each and everyday. second reason is because my parents show romance and show their love for each other each and everyday by being there for each other and allowing each other to be their own. meaning that usually every summer my mother is in Israel celebrating by drinking coffee with friends at two in the morning and my dad celebrates by working or by spending time with his mother my grandma. By the way my grandma made them the cutest little gift. I can't wait to hear how much they love it. This morning knowing what today is the first thing that popped into my mind when I woke up this morning was that one song from fiddler on the roof. for those of you who have seen the movie or play you probably know which song for those of you who haven't seen it, let's just say if your Jewish that is a crime to your religion and you don't have the right to know which song I am talking about and if your not my apologize. anyways I have learned a lot about my family this past break and the one thing that I left with was something my mom helped me understand more. true love isn't about that amazing spark or love at first site or any of that movie style love. it is about waking up 25 years later and still loving the person you are with, it is about waking up 25 years later with your kids out of the house and still wanting to spend time with each other, and most importantly it is about waking up 25 years later and still be able to say I am the luckiest person in the world to wake up 25 years later and still love and be in love with the person I have just woken up next to. I am lucky to have had two generations grandparents and parents who have taught me what true love is about.
Happy 25th anniversary!
Till Next Time
Nicoly!

No comments:

Post a Comment