Thursday, June 23, 2011

a blog after a crazy two weeks.

Some good friends have reminded me that I need to write a new blog and that it has been a while. Considering that the past couple weeks have been really interesting it is time for a new blog.
For those of you who haven't been reading my statuses on facebook let me give you the summary... After talking to my good friend Jen who has been building up her own fitness retreat I moved to St. George so I can work for her. whithin weeks it went from small talk to me staying in a condo and cooking with the Castillo's, who are clients of Lifestyle Fitness which is the programs name by the way. It does have a website (lifestylefitnesscamp.com) look it up sign up and have a great time learning to live a healthy life. I know I totally just made some cheesy pitch but Jen and Chad have what can be a great program and I am so happy I get to be a part of it.
The Past couple days though I have been in such a rut because of it and here is why.... I have finally been gaining more of a social life here in SLC area and now I have to leave. Finding friends in St. George is apparently supposed to be a whole lot harder so I am a little scared. The truth is there really isn't a lot of social things to do in St. George. On a good note there is a college close by that does have some things going on so maybe I can start there. Second thing that bugs me is the fact that there are no Jews in St. George. I know you all thought SLC had minimal jews but at least there are quite a few of them here and it was nice to finally meet people and get involved with that. Now I got to find some how to start from scratch, Find people who are willing to start some sort of small Jewish community in St. George and I have know idea how to do that. Third issue is that it is ridiculously hot!!! Seriously can't take that much heat. I don't know how I am going to survive the summer when it's only June and already getting to triple digits. There are little things as well.. Like the weird FLDS women that I really am trying to understand but I just can't, the fact that the costco and the walmart aren't that close or that the mall is oh so tine really bugs me, the fact that certain relationships may be strained because of this isn't really helping my cause either. One big thing is that I really don't even know if I am even cut out for this. If I am actually cut out for what Jen and Chad need me to do but I am trying to do my best and I am trying to prove otherwise. lastly is the moving. To be honest i don't know where to start because I don't know where I am going to be in the next month I live in a condo that I am going to share with one of the clients which is awesome but I just have so much stuff and I know I am going to move soon I just don't know where and I don't know how so I don't know where to put my stuff and how to bring it down. So I am here in South Jordan in the perfect apartment that I am about to loose soon and I don't know what to do having a small little panic attack because I am kind of at it alone. at least thats what it feels like. usually I have my parents help me out and it's not like they wouldn't in a heart beat fly over here and help out but honestly that would be way to much for them and I do want to try to do this on my own I just don't know where to start when I don't really have a place for everything. to add to that I just started a hard puzzle and I have no idea how I am going to get that down there either. Ok enough with the negatives there are a few great things about this endeavor of mine. I get to work with Jen and Chad who are awesome. The job I have is a dream. I get to help people accomplish so much! another plus is that the Gold's gym in St. George is a whole lot nicer than the ones around here and that is helpful cause it makes leaving treehouse a little easier which FYI I really don't want to leave treehouse. There are a lot of amazing people there I don't want to leave. another great thing is The Bear Claw!! This amazing breakfast joint that has the best Muesli ever!!! To top it if this becomes more than just a job and for the first time I actually spend more than a year in a place and if my little brother actually goes to UNLV That would be amazing. We would be close enough to where I could come and visit from time to time. Ok so there really are more negatives than positives but let me be honest with you there is a reason why I am continuing this. I am trying to explain it but I really don't know how. it is kind of like why I moved to Utah in the first place.... all because something in me is telling me to fight it. Fight the negative fight all those thoughts in your head and use this experience to find out what truly makes you happy in life. Honestly it ended up being the best thing I did moving to Utah and pushing out every negative thought away for the first time rather than just listening to it and running away from life it actually did a whole lot of good. So I am going to do it again. To top it off even though the quantity of the positives are less than the negatives the quality of the good weighs a whole ton more than the negatives. So I am stoked to say after a large panic attack I know that but I still have no idea what to do with the whle moving situation.
Till Next Time
Nicoly!

No comments:

Post a Comment