Wednesday, May 25, 2011

balboa to Star of India

Today I woke up wondering I need a good walk. one of those walks where you just let your legs take you to the end of the world and back and you don't even hesitate to follow them. I woke up ate my morning snack made Adam breakfast sent out some resumes prepared snack and lunch o take out just in case the walk went on which it kind of did. then drove off not really knowing where I wanted to go but for some reason as I hit the stop sign right before windmill farms it donned on me that I should go to Balboa Park. The most beautiful place in San Diego. The trails there are amazing andwell I might even step into a museum or two. I parked in that small parking lot by the carousel and just started walking. As I got closer to the trails I took a turn to be honest I don't remember how but I ended up taking a complete 180 and headed towards the museums. checked out some art while walking, found this restaurant that was one on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives called Hob Nob or something like that, ran into a sketch gas station for a quick moment and eventually ended up in between Anthony's and the Star of India looking out at the ocean and the coast guard base thinking this is awesome! After about 30 seconds of euphoria the thought of walking back popped into my head. but I had to take a quick stop cause there was this class field trip at the Star of India and they were singing some odd song that I can't remember but they wanted me to join in so I did. Walking up some how took a little longer. I don't know if it was the fact that it was up hill the entire time or the fact that I ran out of water but either way going down to the water was a whole lot easier. It was also filled with a fun phone call from Andrea, and a fun texting conversation with Bekka. At the end I stopped by the Reuben H. Fleet center and took a little pit stop at the little store figured there might be something fun to get but I didn't get anything. I just left came home and ate my lunch.
After all of that it was kind of a down grade for the rest of the day. I have been sending out resumes and trying to figure out whether or not I should leave SD earlier than anticipated because I really do miss SLC area. As gorgeous as SD is there is something missing.
Tonight I am continuing my day with a possible hookah session with Bekka and Michael. I shall keep you posted..
FYI totally pulled off this amazing sauce with mushrooms and tomato paste well worth attempting. if y'all want the recipe let me know.

Till Next Time
Nicoly

No comments:

Post a Comment