Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First full day in mammoth

My first day in mammoth was interesting. I spent the first half going to vons which was actually really fun. It was just bekka and myself which is always nice. After that we went snowboarding. Now keep in mind a few things: one is that this was my first time snowboarding. Second is that my core strength hasn't been up to par since I got my gallbladder removed and honestly as strong as I was getting I still wasnt that great. Third which for those of you who have been reading my blog know this, my knees are well a little sensitive. So to tell you about my snowboarding experience.... We were on the bunny slope the entire time. Bekka was trying to teach me the basics. Considering the fact that I cant even buckle myself into the board I knew it would be interesting. After finally getting set and pulled up to a standing position I attempted to snowboard. I can say this I know how to speed up and how to fall on my rear end. I can't get the stopping down and after trying and getting frustrated I nearly took the board and tossed it but I didn't because I didn't feel like taking of my gloves to unbuckle then buckle up again after the fact.
Anywho after a while my knees started to hurt and they actually still do so I decided to end my time a little early while everyone else went on a real slope. We left soon after and now are at dinner. I will tell you this if I could snowboard it might actually be fun.
I dont really know whats going on tonight maybe a movie or something I will let you know.

Till next time
Nicoly
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment