Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My knee!!!



 Today was dedicated to the physical and emotional pain that was brought by my lovely knee. to be exact the pain is coming from my IT band in my left knee. before I continue on about today let me give you a little brief on what the IT Band is. The IT band is a  band of fibers that runs on the outside of the thigh. it goes from the hips to the knee basically. Now if you overuse or down right just work out wrong your IT band can be inflamed. By the way I totally just looked this stuff up. Anyways, I myself have pretty weak IT bands that get irritated by the slightest movement. because of this my knee hurts on a regular basis.  I am actually used to feeling the pain all the time but somedays are worse than others and this day was definitely one of those days. I tried doing bootcamp first thing this morning which was a huge mistake. Bootcamp set the entire day. Adam made me leave early because I was in way to much pain. after icing I spent the day doing semi decent. I went to zumba and greg's super circuit but I just couldn't give 100% which bummed me out. Of course for some reason I had to go to raising the bar after that. I went for Jen and Kimber cause they went and well who wouldn't want to see the two of them in raising the bar. anywho little did I know that it wasn't the smartest choice. I had to stop once again before it ended because I was in way to much pain. this time I believe there were even a couple tears involved. after that I was pretty much just dead. I couldn't really do anything up until 2nd pt. which I had to go to because today lisa was doing pt and she is amazing at what she does. she got me to do the hardest ab workout I have ever done without killing my knee to much. that unfortunately was my last workout of the day. I really couldn't do much after. What did I do instead? I hung out with Kimber. Now after a pretty bummed out day because of this beautiful knee of mine hanging out with Kimber was just what I needed. a good laugh oh and of course pictures which I think I am going to try to make that one of me my profile picture for my blog still thinking about it. that was pretty much my day except for one awesome thing that occurred today. A total disney film moment when all of a sudden it started to SNOW!!! while limping around I saw snow and got so excited that I did my funny limp run outside. it was spectacular. I even have a video it's kind of lame but I am a little ridiculous like that. I am trying to post the video but for some reason it is an epic fail. I have to get used this blog thing and maybe tomorrow I will post it.
Back to raising the bar for a moment and that picture up top. today while in pain a huge grin was on my face. I heard Down by Jay Sean. I did a funny little dorky hand move that hopefully no one saw. It's something me and Bekka do all the time. for those of you who don't know  that song always puts a smile on my face. now for the picture: Bekka has Two amazing dogs and an amazing cat (chili, licorice and puma) the picture is chili. I miss all three of them  and Bekka. I have been trying to sneak down to SD for this halloween weekend because what is halloween without friends? it isn't fun thats for sure. Of course to get me to try harder Bekka sent me this awesome picture the other day. wouldn't you want to snuggle up with a little puppy like that? So now all I can think of is the fact that I will not be snuggling with chili or do the little dorky hand thing with Bekka.
 I do have to finish this post on a good note because somehow I still feel good about life so the lesson of the day is;  Snow is awesome and so is everyone in Utah which I kind of already knew. To add to the lesson that I already know: life even with everything going wrong is always amazing. I am in Utah with friends and I am experiencing life like never before. so with everything in my life that seems to be going bad there is more going right.

Till next time
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment